Download the recruitment pack including the application form or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications by e-mail: 17.00 CET, 25th January 2013.
ILGA aisbl is a 34-year-old association of over 1000 member organizations worldwide that operates at the global level to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people. The association is governed by an international board and elects two Secretaries General to represent it on a political level. A staff of five professionals based in Brussels, Belgium, supports the work of the association on a day-to-day level.ILGA values creative and inclusive approaches to work and management. We are committed to working in partnerships and coalitions with a wide range of external organizations and to constantly developing ILGA as an international membership human rights organization.
2. The Job
This is an exciting new position within the team of ILGA. In coordination with the Executive Director and the Co-Secretaries General, the post holder will be responsible for leading, developing and implementing the UN Programme and Advocacy activities of ILGA in Geneva. This will include investigating opportunities and devising actions for international lobby and advocacy on LGBTI issues in relation to treaty bodies, special procedures, and resolutions. To fulfil the newly created position of UN Programme and Advocacy Manager we are looking for a colleague for 37,5 hours per week to be based in Geneva. Main tasks:
- Within the framework of the strategic objectives and key issues identified in the Strategic Plan and in the Operational Plans, in coordination with the Executive Director and the Co-Secretaries General, to draft a work programme detailing actions for ILGA’s engagement with the UN human rights structures and to propose activities. The programme specifies target and expected results, potential partners, funders, timeline and foreseeable costs of the actions
- Strategizing on UN processes in consultation with ILGA members and key stakeholders
- In coordination with the UN Liaison Officer, actively looking for networking opportunities, developing relationships with key stakeholders
- Managing and developing ILGA’s activities at the UN including HRC, resolutions, Special Procedures, Treaty Monitoring Bodies and cooperate with the UN Liaison Officer on the UPR and the EUActively coordinating, collaborating and consulting with ILGA members (i.e. COC, ARC International, IGLHRC etc.) and ILGA’s regions together with the UN Liaison Officer whenever appropriate
Main Job requirements
- Excellent knowledge of the UN System and, in particular of the workings and procedures of the UNHRC (e.g. UPR) and the OHCHR, in relation to the developments affecting LGBTI rights and the international LGBTI movement.
- Minimum 3 years experience in working at the UN level
- Knowledge of the international LGBTI movement and issues related to it and at least 5 years first-hand experience in an LGBTI organization operating at the international level.
- Fluent English and French, both written and oral and good working knowledge of Spanish.
3. Gross salary
The salary scale for the post of UN Programme and Advocacy Manager is €66,000EUR – €72,000EUR (gross annual salary) depending on experience. The organisation offers 25 days annual leave, luncheon vouchers, and covers local transport. Some relocation support to Geneva is also possible.
ILGA is the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association. Funded in 1978, it is a world-wide network of local, national and international groups from every continent and representing 110 countries. ILGA is dedicated to achieving equal rights and ending all forms of discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex people.
ILGA, 17 rue de la Charité | 1210 Bruxelles | Tel +32 2 502 24 71 | Fax +32-2-223 48 20 | www.ilga.org| Fax +32-2-223 48 20
If you found an error, highlight it and press Shift + Enter or click here to inform us.